Graphic Designer - Digital/Marketing
We are looking for a disciplined, creative, passionate and resourceful Graphic Designer with Digital Marketing & Web Design experience to join our team on a 14-month contract (covering a Maternity Leave).
In this role you will create, update, and maintain digital marketing graphics and materials for our websites and in support of our B2C platforms as well as a taking a variety of B2B projects and campaigns from ideation to concept to execution.
WHO WE ARE?
We’re a team of highly-creative, highly-determined and highly-successful industry leaders working together to expand our footprint in the areas of design, manufacturing and distribution of Lifestyle, Fashion, Decor, Giftware, Health, Wellness and Gourmet products. For over 70 years, Giftcraft has been synonymous with quality, trendsetting designs, and best-in-class sales & service across North America.
Today we have a network of more than 25,000 independent, specialty and marque retailers throughout North America, and we proudly boast a growing number of award-winning exclusive brands under the Giftcraft umbrella including:
Fashion: Charlie Paige™ and Yo Sox™
Flavorful Gourmet Products: For Tea’s Sake™ and Hint Mint™
Health & Wellness for the Body & Home: Earth Luxe™
Baby Gifts & Apparel: Lil’ Llama™
We take great pride in the culture we have established and beyond purely technical skills, we look for passion, innovation and creativity in every new hire. It is this ethos which has made Giftcraft a top employer, earning us numerous awards including one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and CANGIFT Large Supplier of the year.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO…
The Graphic Designer – Marketing / Digital will be responsible for creating visual marketing solutions for our businesses through graphic design, web design, and content creation for a range of digital environments including websites, interactive showcases, landing pages and digital ads.
This role will work onsite as part of our creative team which includes, designers, illustrators, photographers, marketing professionals, etc.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, you’re customer service oriented, and you have a real passion for retail, this may be your next career opportunity. In this role you will have the ability to build meaningful relationships and partnerships, in a fun, fast-paced industry with tremendous opportunity and a huge variety of product.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Develop original graphics, illustrations and promotional content for website, digital catalogues, social media etc.
- Design and production of innovative and effective graphic elements aligned with our core brand identity, for a variety of uses and platforms such as Shopify and Mailchimp among others.
- Work & collaborate directly with members of the Merchandising, Marketing & Design teams to establish the overall look, graphic elements, and content of communications materials for promotional web content.
- Work with product team on new season concepts and catalogue creation.
- Communicate with stakeholders about layout and design.
- Ensure projects are created on time to specification and produce proofs for approval .
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Consumer Goods/Retail industry in a web design, graphic design or illustrator role.
- Corporate Web Development experience & basic Coding skills.
- In depth experience using various core Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Understanding of web design, digital marketing, production, corporate identity and product design.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and work well as a team player.
- A “can-do” approach and the ability to produce work to high standard, including high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of design, layout, composition, and color.
- Proactively aware of design trends, digital standards and pop culture styles/references.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting priorities, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively convey how the design meets the brief.
- Professional video editing and/or photography skills are a valuable asset.
Qualified candidates seeking an exciting career are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.