Sales Support Specialist
We are looking for a Sales Support Specialist with a strong sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and the ability to effectively undertake multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities.
This role will work with stakeholders across the company (from Executives to Sales), delivering solutions that will ensure the maximum success & profitability of our team and customers. Duties will include Project Management, Troubleshooting (technical and process driven), Administrative Support, Business Development, Reporting, Event Planning, Travel Arrangements, and more.
The ideal Candidate will be highly effective at problem-solving and multitasking; passionate about developing relationships in a professional and genuine manner; and ambitious to develop a career working in a fast-paced, challenging and stimulating environment.
WHO WE ARE?
We’re a team of highly-creative, highly-determined and highly-successful industry leaders working together to expand our footprint in the areas of design, manufacturing and distribution of Lifestyle, Fashion, Decor, Giftware, Health, Wellness and Gourmet products. For over 70 years, Giftcraft has been synonymous with quality, trendsetting designs, and best-in-class sales & service across North America.
Today we have a network of more than 25,000 independent, specialty and marque retailers throughout North America, and we proudly boast a growing number of award-winning exclusive brands under the Giftcraft umbrella including:
Fashion: Charlie Paige™ and Yo Sox™
Flavorful Gourmet Products: For Tea’s Sake™ and Hint Mint™
Health & Wellness for the Body & Home: Earth Luxe™
Baby Gifts & Apparel: Lil’ Llama™
We take great pride in the culture we have established and beyond purely technical skills, we look for passion, innovation and creativity in every new hire. It is this ethos which has made Giftcraft a top employer, earning us numerous awards including one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and CANGIFT Large Supplier of the year.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO…
This role will provide strategic support to Management and a Sales Force of 120 Sales reps throughout Canada and the United States. You will be responsible for generating daily sales reports, performing ad-hoc projects (which include but are not limited to booking corporate travel, coordinating our semi-annual National Sales Meeting, product launch, campaigns, announcements, etc.) as well as performing general administrative duties in support of Business Development & Sales.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Onboarding and maintenance of all information pertaining to sales representatives.
- Respond to sales, executive calls and inquiries. Serve as internal resource to the Sales Force for general support and information; including catalogs, sales materials, etc.
- Book appointments and develop new business opportunities with customers (over the phone and in person during tradeshows).
- Administrative reporting using advanced Excel skills on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Reconciliation of expense reports. Coordinate Tradeshows and National Sales Meetings (biannual).
- Book travel arrangements for the sales force.
- Provide assistance to the NSO department with order entry on an as needed basis.
- Participate in the execution of special projects and other duties as appropriate and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 5 years in a Corporate Administrative Support role (preferably supporting Sales or performing some Business Development duties).
- Experience dealing with Executives, Business Owners, Managers and Vendors.
- Customer facing experience; building a rapport and understanding their needs, and what drives retention.
- Experience generating and/or analyzing sales reports; tracking relevant metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Systems savvy; demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems & software, as well as understand more complex procedures.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros, VLOOKUP and more)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point). Strong attention to detail; proven track record of thoroughness and accuracy to achieve desired results with little or no margin of error when accomplishing a task.
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, and manage multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Taking the time to listen and understand, in order to effectively digest and communicate messages in a straightforward and easy to understand manner.
- Confident self-starter with initiative and the ability to solve problems creatively; providing win-win sustainable solutions.
Qualified candidates seeking an exciting career are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.