We are looking to hire a full-time Shipping Coordinator to plan and carry out all aspects of the freight transportation process while meeting the compliance and cost requirements according to standards, utilizing approved transportation carriers, routed to minimize travelled miles and maximize product on the trailer.
In this job, you will focus on reducing shipping time, expediting routes, and maximizing efficiency of loads for all pick up and deliveries.
WHO WE ARE?
We’re a team of highly-creative, highly-determined and highly-successful industry leaders working together to expand our footprint in the areas of design, manufacturing and distribution of Lifestyle, Fashion, Decor, Giftware, Health, Wellness and Gourmet products. For over 70 years, Giftcraft has been synonymous with quality, trendsetting designs, and best-in-class sales & service across North America.
Today we have a network of more than 25,000 independent, specialty and marque retailers throughout North America, and we proudly boast a growing number of award-winning exclusive brands under the Giftcraft umbrella including:
Fashion: Charlie Paige™ and Yo Sox™
Flavorful Gourmet Products: For Tea’s Sake™ and Hint Mint™
Health & Wellness for the Body & Home: Earth Luxe™
Baby Gifts & Apparel: Lil’ Llama™
We take great pride in the culture we have established and beyond purely technical skills, we look for passion, innovation and creativity in every new hire. It is this ethos which has made Giftcraft a top employer, earning us numerous awards including one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and CANGIFT Large Supplier of the year.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure delivery windows are met for customer deliveries.
- Verify and input account information, and establish and maintain standard routing criteria as needed.
- Co-ordinate and route vendor pickups or cross docks where applicable, and ensure timely communication to other departments as required.
- Maintain Routing software Interact with drivers to resolve problems; improve service and increase efficiency.
- Follow up on driver feedback Responsible for delivery driver hours and statistic reporting.
- Designate appropriate equipment to routes (trailers)
- Co-ordinate with warehouse on product staging and load mapping
- Ensure health and safety procedures and guidelines are adhered to Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Minimum 2 years previous dispatching experience in a Distribution/TL/LTL environment required
- Must have experience and be familiar with transport documents
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a diverse environment
- Proficient with computer programs –Dispatch System preferred, Word and Excel required
- Must be able to exercise initiative, multi-task and work well as part of a team in a high stress environment; punctual and dependable
- To be able to work shifts Monday-Friday, 6:00am – 3:30pm
Qualified candidates seeking an exciting career are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.