Showroom Assistant (Seasonal Contract)
We are currently looking for a Showroom Assistant for two (or more) 4-month contract periods, with 4-6 week breaks in between.
To succeed in this role you need to be resourceful, flexible be highly organized, and able to work independently.
WHO WE ARE?
We’re a team of highly-creative, highly-determined and highly-successful industry leaders working together to expand our footprint in the areas of design, manufacturing and distribution of Lifestyle, Fashion, Decor, Giftware, Health, Wellness and Gourmet products.
For over 70 years, Giftcraft has been synonymous with quality, trendsetting designs, and best-in-class sales & service across North America.
Today we have a network of more than 25,000 independent, specialty and marque retailers throughout North America, and we proudly boast a growing number of award-winning exclusive brands under the Giftcraft umbrella including:
- Fashion: Charlie Paige™ and Yo Sox™
- Flavorful Gourmet Products: For Tea’s Sake and Hint Mint™
- Health & Wellness for the Body & Home: Earth Luxe™
We take great pride in the culture we have established and beyond purely technical skills, we look for passion, innovation and creativity in every new hire. It is this ethos which has made Giftcraft a top employer, earning us numerous awards including one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and CANGIFT Large Supplier of the year.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
Reporting to the Visual Presentation Manager, and working in a fast-paced environment, the Showroom Assistant will have to effectively multitask on a daily basis, and will be responsible for the overall arrangement and maintenance of product displays (inventory, ticketing, setup, neatness, etc.) throughout the Giftcraft Showroom, Tradeshows, Line Reviews and other Special Events.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting Visual Presentation Manager, Visual Merchandisers and Field Staff with order processing, documents, and administrative tasks.
- Stock replenishment and inventory control.
- Daily maintenance of discontinued Bulletin to ensure products are removed from showroom and remerchandised according to visual presentation standards.
- Planning and preparation for promotional events and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Post-Secondary Education; preferably in interior design or business administration.
- Previous experience in wholesale Showroom environment.
- Professional demeanor, detail oriented, team player with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work through new challenges in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as planning, and time management expertise
- Flexible to travel as required out of town for Trade shows and Showroom Installations.
- A valid Passport and the ability to travel in Canada and the United States.
If this sounds like you and you believe you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name and ‘Showroom Assistant Contract’ in the subject line of your email.